Published on February 1st, 2017 | by SOMDParents0
Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs: The Ultimate Super Bowl Snack
Hosting a Super Bowl party this Sunday? We have the perfect snack that will have the adults and kids coming back for more!
These Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs are an all-in-one burger without the mess and time burgers usually take to set up!
You will need:
- Ground Beef (1 lb makes 16 bombs)
- Spices/Seasonings of your choice for Burgers
- Bacon (1 lb for 16 bombs)
- 1 Can Pillsbury Flaky Rolls
- 1 Block of Cheddar Cheese (Cut 16 cubes)
- Optional- Onion, Jalapeno, Tomato
- Cook beef on the stove until brown. Add seasoning and optional chopped onion while cooking to add flavor.
- Drain beef.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet and sides with foil. Line 2 additional cookie sheets with foil. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half; press with hands into circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- In center of each biscuit round, place 2 tablespoons cooked ground beef (or 1 meatball), 1 cube of cheese, and other optional ingredients like a jalapeno slice or tomato slice. Wrap dough to completely enclose beef and cheese; pinch seams to seal.
- Place bacon on foil-lined cookie sheet with sides. Bake about 8 minutes to partially cook bacon.
- Wrap each stuffed bomb with 1 slice partially cooked bacon slice. Place bacon wrapped dough 2-inches apart on two foil-lined cookie sheets with dough seam side down. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Okay, okay, so they may not be the “healthiest” Super Bowl snack but isn’t Super Bowl weekend the perfect excuse to go anti-healthy?! That’s our story and we’re sticking to it. Enjoy!