Published on September 26th, 2016 | by SOMDParents0
National Pancake Day: Homemade Pancake Recipe
Happy National Pancake Day! Everyone loves breakfast for dinner and we have an awesome recipe for homemade pancakes! You won’t go wrong with this super simple recipe and the best part is you’ll know exactly what’s going into your family’s tummy!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly whisked
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Drizzle in the butter as you continue to whisk.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until almost completely combined. Please remember, the more you stir pancakes the more flat and tough they will be so please mix until a few streaks of flour are remaining.
- Butter the griddle and scoop ⅓ cup of batter and cook until bubbles begin to form, flip and cook until golden. Serve immediately.
Recipe from ohsweetbasil.com